- Bristol still debating whether it should enter the newly formed National Chess League;
- Nigel Short preparing for Jan Timman in his quest to face Kasparov;
- A new company taking over Teletext?!! (Editor’s note – Younger readers should Google Teletext)
- Bath, Grendal, Cosham, Hanham, Sun Life and Thornbury leading the respective six divisions;
- An exchange visit to Hannover, Germany from a squad of Bristolians!
- GM Stuart Conquest holding a simul to help Horfield celebrate 50 years.
You can download the PDF here: BCT93
John has been playing for Horfield for longer than anyone else cares to remember (but was actually 1983). Never quite managing to get to a 180 grade, he is resigned to the fact that he probably never will. He set up the original Bristol League website and has been, at various times League General Secretary, Recruitment and Publicity, Chess Times Editor, Bristol 4NCL Manager and an ECF Arbiter.